1. Patel, S., Sliuzas, R., & Mathur, N. (2015). The risk of impoverishment in urban development-induced displacement and resettlement in Ahmedabad. Environment and Urbanization, 27(1), 231-256.
2. Patel, S., Sliuzas, R., & Georgiadou, Y. (2016(forthcoming)). Participatory local governance in Asian cities: invited,closed or claimed spaces for urban poor?. Environment & Urbanization Asia, 7(1).
3. Patel, S., & Mandhyan, R. (2014). Impoverishment assessment of slum dwellers after off-site and on-site resettlement: a case of Indore. Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance, 15 (2), 104-127.
4. Dubagunta, G., & Patel, S. (2016). Outreach of Pro-poor Housing Programs and Projects: Is it sustained? International Journal Of Built Environment And Sustainability, 3(1), 365-373.
National Journals / Edited Book Chapters
5. Dubagunta, G. S., & Patel, S. (2015). Efforts of Affordable Housing Supply Models-Futile or Worthwhile? Shelter, 16(2), 18-27.
6. Patel, S., & Bandyopadhyay, S. (2015). Conceptualising smart cities for unique urban development context of India. Nirman, 87(1), 30-38.
7. Mell, I., Patel, S., & Bandyopadhyay, S. (2014). Smart Cities: What value will they bring to urban development in India? Shelter, 15(2), 77-90.
8. Patel, S. (2016 (forthcoming)). The politics of land and Infrastructure development. In S. Patel (Ed.), Sociology. New Delhi: UGC, MHRD.
9. Patel, S., & Jukur, S. (2016 (forthcoming)). Policy response to spatial illegality and of the urban poor. In V. Ganguly (Ed.), Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement in India (Vol. 1). New Delhi: Sage